Monday, October 22, 2007

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.....


I guess I really did need a break huh? I stamped this card on Sunday morning when I woke up like at 4 am and couldn't go back to sleep. I am thinking the sleep would have been better for me though. I started with Sahara sand as my base and stamped it with chocolate chip and my flannel plaid bg stamp. The next layer is chocolate chip scalloped with my create-a-cut and then paper pierced across the bottom. I added a layer of Stampin'Up! dp. Sorry I am not remembering the name now. It was one of those spring ones. The orange strip is pumpkin pie dp put through my crimper. I haven't used that baby forever and I love the texture it added! I admit it I am a texture girl. Next I used my nestabilities ovals and cut a scalloped oval with pumpkin pie and sponged the edges lightly with chocolate chip. The cream colored oval is a piece of a flubbed fabriano notecard. I cut the oval and then embossed it with my lovely nestabilities die and my cute lil cuttlebug! I got that thing for Christmas last year and am still loving it! I sponged the edge of the fabriano oval with chocolate chip and did a border around the pumpkins with my pumpkin pie marker. I stamped the pumpkins in basic gray ink and water colored them with pumpkin pie, more mustard, chocolate chip, and always artichoke. The pumpkins are from inky antics. After the water coloring dried , I put stickles on my pumpkins so they sparkle! Love that stuff! The happy birthday is from my new Papertrey Ink Piece of Cake set. The celebrate is from Papertrey Ink's borders and corners oval set. I used my beauteous chocolate chip satin ribbon from the Holiday mini. (Gonna have to order a few more rolls of that one to hoard! Hee hee. It ties so beautifully and lays just right on your project. Thanks for looking and enjoy the possibilities!





No comments:

Blog Archive