Thursday, January 3, 2008

My little funny bunny



Here is another design for C.C.Designs. This stamp set will be released at midnight tonight! Go to http://www.allthatscraps.com/ for more information! This one was really fun to do. It seems I can't just crank out something fast, I have to play and spend hours to get it right. I am liking this one better than some of the others. I did get some new designer paper last night and am going to go play with that in a while. I also have a tiny Stampin'Up! order coming any minute! Woo hoo!


I started with a piece of white cardstock from Papertreyink. This stuff is heavier and works better for the base of a card. I put it through my cuttlebug swirl folder. The pink is retired chalk ink from Stampin'Up!. I wish I had some reinkers for these. I used a piece of burgundy designer paper as a layer behind my striped designer paper. I can't remember what paper it is though. It was left over scraps from last year. I scalloped the bottom with my create-a-cut. (this tool should have paid for itself by now!) I then zigzagged the top and bottom with my sewing machine. Gotta use your sewing machine for something right? ;) The ribbon is a velvet ribbon from Michael's. The bunny was done with my nestabilities. (Gotta make them pay for themselves as well!) I used some leftover fabriano note card for the bunny part and stamped the bunny with my basic grey Stampin'Up! pad. I water colored with my aquapainter and Stampin'Up! ink. When all this was dry I used my pearl ex and an aquapainter with future floor wax to highlight the bunnies ears, nose and tummy. Her tail was filled in with it too. I stamped the hearts with the chalk ink and then used crystal effects to give them shine. After everything was dry, I used the chalk inks around the edges of the ovals. My little funny bunny was stamped with basic grey on a piece of fabriano note card and punched with my oval punch. I added a little flower and brad. I hope you like the little bunny. I think she is sweet! ;)

6 comments:

Stacy said...

That bunny is so stinkin cute!!!!

Kerry Johnson said...

Darling card! Love how you inked over the embossed background - nice work!

UrgentCookie said...

This is just too cute! I love the glitter and shine. :0)

Amy said...

Love the pearl ex highlights! Too, too cute!

Stampin' Meg said...

Be still my beating heart-I think that I am in love!!!

Niki Estes said...

Love so much about this card! I love the bunny, the stitching, the colors, the inking!

Blog Archive