Monday, December 31, 2007
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Friday, December 28, 2007
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Velta asked me about my camera. I think I talked about it once before, but I am being lazy and don't want to figure out where. So, I have a fuji finepix S5000. I love this camera. I have had it a few years and use it tons! I have never had a nice camera before and it is my first digital. When I got it, i went to the library and checked out some photography books. I studied like crazy and practiced, then took it to New York City! I also love to look at others photography and study how they do stuff. That's it girls. When I photograph close up, I use the macro setting on the camera. I try to use natural light when photographing my stamped art. Mykl's fuzzy edge photo a couple of posts down with her baby Jesus was done using the soft focus in my picasa program. If you visit picasa.com you can get it for free. I also have Adobe photoshop Elements 5.0. I need to get a book for this as I don't get full use from it. My goal is to start doing the digi scrapping this new year! Better find a book soon huh? Have a great weekend and enjoy the possibilities!
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Monday, December 17, 2007
So in my excitement I totally forgot to tell you who the other team members are.
Crystal Spencer ---------- BLOG
Cyndi Bundy ------------- BLOG
Inge Groot ----------- BLOG
Jeanette Fincher --------- BLOG
Katie Stilwater -------- BLOG
Laurie Schmidlin ----------- BLOG
Lesa Rapp ---------- BLOG
Linda Black --------- BLOG
Renée Van Stralen ------- BLOG
Shannan Teubner --------- BLOG
Sue Berker ------------- BLOG
Tricia Traxler --------- BLOG
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
The rules of the game:Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I hate driving on snowy roads.
2. I love Salt City Candles! My favorites are spiced pumpkin, baked apple and spiced wassail! Yummy and I burn them year round.
3. I love to hibernate the whole month of December and listen to Christmas music and sit in front of my well lit Christmas tree. (don't so much like crowds)
4. I am a kitty lover. I have had a cat or two my whole life.
5. I collect nativities. (I am working on getting one from Brazil where my son is serving his mission) I have one from Israel, Amish country, a painted rock one, elegant ones, whimisical, Precious moments, tiny, big, felt, Fisher Price (granddaughter plays with that one), wood
6. I Brad Paisley (been to 3 of his concerts, sigh)
7. I am addicted to Prison Break. (I have season 1 and 2 on dvd)
Wow that was harder than I thought it would be. I am exhausted from staying up half the night to go get my son from work, so if you enjoyed this and want to participate, tag your it! Have a great day and enjoy the possibilities!
Friday, December 7, 2007
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
I have been watching a sick granddaughter today. I am feeling my sore throat come back. I am hoping to stamp first thing tomorrow morning. Have a great night!
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Also I was asked if the flashing is sharp. when I cut off a piece to run through the cuttlebug I was careful not to touch the edges as they can be sharp. After running through the cuttlebug, it didn't seem too bad. I don't run my fingers around it to see if I can get cut, but touching it on the card it doesn't seem like it would hurt anyone. Like I said before though, I think I will look for some thinner flashing as this is pretty thick stuff. Of course I will use up what I have first as it is a little pricey and I don't want to waste it. I think it was around 18 bucks for a good sized roll of it.
Feel free to ask more questions and I will try to get them answered. I still have my throat bug so hopefully tomorrow I can get something on here. Have a great Sunday everyone and don't forget to enjoy the possibilities!
Friday, November 30, 2007
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
I am a stay at home Mom and Grandma of 1. I have 4 children, 1 daughter (oldest) and then 3 sons. The daughter is the Mom of the super cute if I say so myself granddaughter. She is two going on sixteen and I babysit her while her Mom and Dad are working on their own business. I have been babysitting her since she was six weeks old!
I have a son next who does road construction. He loves to hunt, camp and fish. He considers himself a redneck and from the sounds of the way he talks, I believe him. He did graduate from High School, I promise.
My third child is 19 years old and on August 1 of this year left for Brazil to serve a full time mission for our church. His mission is the Porto Alegre South Mission. He is doing wonderful and loving his mission so far. There is a link at the bottom of the page if you want to check out his web page and see what he is up to. He returns from Brazil in August of 2009. Not that I am counting or anything, but I get to see my boy in 89 Sunday's!
My youngest is 17 next month. He loves to snowboard! That is what he lives for. He currently is looking for a job and has a girlfriend. He is a Junior in High School.
I have been a Stampin'Up! demonstrator for over 10 years. I have been a Stampin'Up! snob for years. I am currently branching out and finding other stamp companies exist! I love it! Papertrey Ink and nestabilites are my favorites right now! I am looking forward to the new catalog in January.
I have been married to my sweet husband for 25 years. He is amazing. Besides working to the bone to support his family, he volunteers for the police department and is a counselor in the Bishopric at our church. He is extremely busy! He supports me like no other and I just want to say I love you honey!
That's about it. I am looking forward to getting to know my sisters better. I am currently working on a humongous quilt and getting ready for the vacation at Big Sky! Lots to do to get ready so I will see you girls when I get back. Have fun stamping!
Thursday, November 8, 2007
1. If you could have 100.00 worth of scrapbook paper or assorted embellishments, which would you choose? Probably embellisments. I am totally into layers and adding cute stuff as you can see in my work!
2. If you had to choose between using only stamps or ribbons, which would you choose? Um stamps! It would look pretty dorky with only ribbon.
3. If you knew how to do both awesome cards and layouts but could only do one for a whole year…which would you do? Cards! I am not on the layout kick right now!
4. Would you rather own a scrap booking store or have your own scrapping room at home…(can’t have both he he he). For sure my dream stamp room without clutter all organized and purty!
5. What is your CURRENT card making or scrapping style? I am for sure a layer and texture girl!
Now, I got a surprise day off today! I should really be working on a quilt I am making for a sweet girl! I have been searching the internet for a modest and great swimsuit for our family vacation. Why do I always wait til the last minute? I found a real cute one , but alas it is going to cost an arm and a leg to get it here plus it is really $$$$$$$$. It is cute and would cover me up though! Decisions decisions! I might just go stamp! Hee hee!
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
Friday, October 12, 2007
Monday, October 1, 2007
2. Diamonds or Pearls? diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Pirates of the Caribbean
4. What is your favorite TV show? Prison Break
5. Breakfast? glass of milk
6. What is your middle name? I could tell ya but then I would have to shoot ya!
7. What is your favorite Cuisine? Mexican
8. What food do you dislike? tomatoes, onions (onion flavor is ok just not the crunch)
9. Your favorite potato chip? cheddar and sour cream lays
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? anything Brad Paisley :)
11. What kind of car do you drive? Yukkon
12. Favorite SANDWICH? Not much of a sandwich girl, love chicken caesar pita at pita pit
14. What are your favorite clothes? anything without a bra (ha ha)
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go? Brazil
16. What color are your eyes? Brown
17. Favorite brand of clothes? no favorite (really don't even like shopping for clothes)
18. Where do you want to retire? Pennsylvania (love the trees)
19. Favorite time of day? definitely nights
20. Where were you born? Idaho
21. What is your favorite sport to watch? Um not a sports girl, give me stamping any day
22. Who do you think will not send this back? don't know
23. Person you expect to send it back first? Andrea
24. Coke or Pepsi? Neither, Dr. Pepper for me but not often cause then I don't sleep
25. Cats or Dogs? Cats
26. Are you a morning person or a night owl? night owl
27. Pedicure or manicure? both
28. Do you prefer funny or mushy cards? Funny cards
29. Any new news you would like to share? Jacob is leaving the MTC this week!
30. What did you want to be when you were little? Mommy
31. What do you have in your trunk right now? I don't have a trunk
32. What is your best childhood memory? Eating homemade chicken noodle soup at Grandma's and then raspberries for desert. Yummy!
33. What are the different jobs you have had in your life? Joshua Smith Foundation, A&W
34.Favorite Holiday? Christmas
35. What is your favorite dessert? anything chocolate
36. Favorite Summer getaway? Somewhere alone with hubby!
37. Ever been to Africa? No
38. Glasses or Contacts? neither, but use reading glasses
39. Ever been toilet papering? No
40. Been in a car accident? Yes
41. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
42. Favorite restaurant? Used to be Mama Inez til they went under. Prolly Alberto's, but they are getting not as cleanly and so I am losing my thrill for them too! I don't go often but love Red Lobster. I am a seafood girl! Bubba Gumps in Times Square is good too!
43. Favorite flower? Roses
44. Favorite movies? Chick flicks
45. Favorite Pastime? Stamping
46. Favorite ice cream? Pralines and Cream
47. Favorite fast food restaurant? Pita Pit (if that counts)
48. How many times did you fail your drivers test? 0
49. From whom did you get your last email? Kathie
50. Sandals or tennis shoes? bare feet
51. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Don't have a credit card
52. If the speed limit is 60 what is the fastest you will drive? 65
53. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? dont know
54. Last person you went to dinner with? Hubby
55. What are you listening to right now? Mykl playing with her toys
56. What is your favorite color? blue
57. How many tattoos do you have? none
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Oh before I forget, I have decided to remove the top 50 from my blog. I don't need the pressure. I have backed off on the stamping just a bit. I want to keep it fun. I want to do it because it makes me happy! I love what I do and I really truly need to keep this outlet fun. I don't need the stress of trying to impress others.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Monday, September 3, 2007
Saturday, September 1, 2007
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Monday, August 27, 2007
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Friday, August 17, 2007
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Oh, I almost forgot! I am smiling big today. I got an email from my son in Brazil. He is doing fantastic! He loves Brazil, the language, the food, the MTC, all of it! What a relief to know that he is finding joy in his service to the Savior. I can relax now and know that he is ok!
Monday, August 6, 2007
The countdown has begun! I can't count two years in days as it seems huge to me right now! I have chosen to count it down in Sunday's. Only 103 Sunday's left and I will be reunited with my boy! It will for sure sound better once it's under 100! Have a great day and enjoy the possibilities. Check back, I hope to have something stamped today!
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Now I am off to my stamp room to organize my ever growing pile of scraps and hopefully make something fun. I will try and post something fun in a few hours, check back!
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Places I love to visit
Blogs I visit
- ► 2012 (62)
- ► 2011 (59)
- ► 2010 (83)
- ► 2009 (100)
- ► 2008 (139)
- C.C. Designs little birdies
- One layer Valentine card
- My first design team creation
- New stamps
- New release C.C.Designs are in the house!
- Christmas was amazing
- Merry Christmas Everyone!
- As she squeals with delight...
- We have been given the O.K.!!!!
- Happy fun news!
- I decided to add another! Enjoy!
- Not stamping, but could this be any cuter?
- Playing in the snow and having a ball!
- Winter playtime kitty and snowman
- Update on the quilt
- A sweet lil snowman!
- Quilt pictures finally!
- So ya, I am slow!
- I am home!
- Time spent with friends is time well spent
- Nestabilites question
- First card with Time well spent set!
- K girls here it is!
- Sisterhood of the blogging stampers
- Here is a pic of the suit I wanted!
- I have been tagged
- Stunning pumpkins
- ► October (6)
- ► September (8)
- ► August (10)
- ▼ December (17)