Saturday, September 1, 2007

I am back!


I got the company out and I am back in my stamp room tonight. What a long summer! I am so grateful that school has started and that it is cooling off a bit. The nights are a little cooler and the leaves are just barely starting to turn. It makes me want to do fall cards. I started with a chocolate chip square base for this creation. I stamped the swirl from baroque motifs on the top with very vanilla craft ink. I paper pierced around the bottom and the sides. The next layer is pumpkin pie textured paper. This stuff is yummy! I got the earth elements colors since fall was upon us! I scalloped the bottom with my create-a-cut and then did a sloppy on purpose sewing job around the edges. I stamped my gorgeous pumpkins (I love this set!) on watercolor paper in the new basic gray ink. I used my very neglected WW crayons from Stampin'Up! to color using my aqua painter. After it dried I roughed up the edges with my scissors and then used my color spritzer tool and a chocolate chip marker to spray the splatter. The bottom right is gross grain ribbon from Stampin'Up! and then I used a little tatting pin and my pliers from the tool kit from Stampin'Up! to cut off the bottom of the pin. I used swarovski crystal beads at the top and a chocolate prima flower with a tiny swarovski crystal in the center. It is so sparkly! At the top left I used various cuttlebug dies and chocolate chip cs, pumpkin pie textured cs, and a chipboard coaster to cut the shapes on my tag. I sponged the edges of the pumpkin pie piece with chocolate chip. The ever grateful piece is sponged with chocolate chip as well. I stamped ever grateful from the so many sayings set. The little pumpkin stars are from my papertrey borders and corners squares set and stamped in pumpkin pie. The centers are done with stickles. I hope you like it. It was wonderful to play again.

3 comments:

Donna Baker said...

welcome back...this card is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Very nice!!!

QuiltNut Creations said...

oh oh oh i LOVE this! the colors are fantastic

Blog Archive