Thursday, November 1, 2007

Stunning pumpkins


These pumpkins are so easy to watercolor and create stunning results. I did use a little trick though, Orange peel stickles. They sparkle and shine like diamonds! I started with a pumpkin pie base and paperpierced all around my 5 1/4" square card. My signo gel pen created faux stitching. The second layer is a piece of always artichoke cs followed by a piece of my favorite chocolate chip! It even sounds yummy! I scalloped the bottom with my create-a-cut and put the whole piece through my swirl cuttlebug folder. I am all about texture in my cards. The next layer is a piece of pumpkin pie designer paper run through my circle nestabilities die. Layer number 5 is a piece of absolutely stunning water color paper from Stampin'Up!. I love this stuff. It is worth every dime! I cut it out and embossed it with an oval scallop nestabilities die and my cutttlebug. I stamped all my pumpkins and leaves in basic gray ink and then used my aquapainter to water color using chocolate chip, always artichoke, more mustard, pumpkin pie, and soft sky inks in the lids of my pads. I let this dry and then added the orange peel stickles for sparkle. These pumpkins are divine! To finish the piece I added a bow with jute twine, 3 copper brads and a piece of gross grain chocolate chip ribbon. This card is perfect for a fall greeting. Thanks for stopping in and enjoy the possibilities!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Great design on this card! The scallops and circles with the pumpkins look awesome!

Chris Smith said...

This is really gorgeous! The stickles are awesome on here.

A.Lee said...

This card is fabulous! I, too, love choco chip. My fave. I have never tried the watercolor paper. I'm going to start making my Christmas wish list!

A.Lee said...

You've been tagged! See my blog
http://distinctinkbyalana.blogspot.com/

Blog Archive