Sunday, July 5, 2009

Melaleuca Freedom Celebration 2009





We are so blessed to live in Idaho where Melaleuca puts on our firework celebration each year. It is the most amazing fireworks display! This year it lasted for 45 minutes straight and included over 15,000 fireworks. It is synchronized to music by a local radio station. We have had the blessing of having an amazing man narrate the show each year. He passed away in September while on vacation with his family in Hawaii. We were so sad because it isn't the same without his voice. They did a tribute at the beginning to him. It was so amazing to hear his voice again. I don't think there was a dry eye in the house. I was taking still shots at the beginning of the finale so I only got video of the last 30 seconds. I am including some of the still shots I took as well. My two month old granddaughter sat in her Mom's lap with her ears covered the whole time. Her eyes were as big as saucers. When the fireworks would slow between songs she would get mad and start to fuss. As soon as it was going again her eyes were wide. I think we have another patriotic girl on our hands! :)

4 comments:

Andrea said...

i love that you named my daughter saucer eyes!!! Woohoo she did enjoy them!!

Dawn B. said...

This is precious. I love that her eyes were so wide at those loud noises. Super job on that photography. Thanks for sharing.

Marilyn said...

What a darling post Lesa - I loved the pictures of your granddaughter - too cute!! I don't think I would've gotten much out of the fireworks - I would've been entertained watching her LOL!! Fantastic pictures too :)

Mollie said...

Oh my goodness, that picture of your grandbaby is hilarious! What a cute little sweetheart! My tiny girl fell asleep during the fireworks:)

Blog Archive