Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy News!!!

Wow so there is lot's going on in my neighborhood! My daughter moved a couple days ago and being pregnant and all required lots of help from her Mom. I have been helping her pack and then with the big move. Yesterday I helped clean the old place for her new tenants. Lot's of work and I am exhausted.

So on to the big news and then some fun stamping! I made the Spellbinders 09-10 design team! When Stacey called yesterday I was at my daughters still. I guess I should have warned the carpet layers, carpet cleaners and sweet helpful neighbors who were there to get the work done. I got off the phone and screamed as I ran upstairs to tell Andrea. The carpet cleaner came running thinking Andrea had gone into labor. Hee hee too funny! I am thrilled for this opportunity and so excited to get to go to Phoenix to meet the other girls!

Yesterday was our Wednesday Challenge and I didn't get a minute to get mine up so here ya go. The challenge was faux postage.



I used old SU designer paper and my cute froggie set from C.C. Designs that I haven't got to play with in forever! I love this set. :) It is called Froggie and Friends. You can find a tutorial here if you would like to play along. Information on the challenge is posted on the ATS forum.

On to the next subject. New Release! Amy has come up with this fantastic Friends Sentiments set. This card was actually used for two purposes. ;) I used it for my final project in the Spellbinders call. Isn't her stamp just fabulous? Seriously I am in love with this set and all it can do! There are about 25 stamps in the set and they are all about friends. I used old SU designer paper for this card. Chocolate chip and riding hood red are my colors. The flowers were made using Spellbinders scallop hearts. The butterfly is vellum cardstock cut out then airbrushed with E49. I put 3 swarovsky crystals under the embossed image of the friend stamp. Enjoy!






7 comments:

Beth Pingry said...

Congrats Lesa, I can't wait to work with you!

Beth at Spellbinders

Melody said...

First congratulations! I love this card, the colors, the flowers and I will casing that butterfly!

Kim said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL creations AND a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I can't wait to see what you create at Spellbinders! :)
Hugs~ Kim

Andrea said...

Yippee for all the help that you have helped me with!!! Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!! And yes Congrats on this new adventure! I knew you could do it!!! RAW RAW for my mommy!!!!

diane zechman said...

ADORABLE cards and CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
sending hugs, my friend!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait to meet you at the retreat in AZ! Your card is Absolutely Beautiful!! I love the flowers you made with the heart and the sentiment is very pretty too!

Tracy said...

Congratulations Lesa!!!! I just knew you'd make it. They are super lucky to have you.

Blog Archive