Thursday, April 19, 2012

Review ~ Umbrella Lula


Hi everyone!  I am back.  I got to go on a business/play trip back East with my husband.  It was super nice to have a break and have some play time.  We saw Wicked and The Lion King in NYC this year.  These are favorites from some time ago so we decided to see them again.  They didn't disappoint. We also decided to visit ground zero again since they opened the new monuments after we were there last year.  The waterfall pools are huge and absolutely stunning.   New things we did this year were going to Serendipity in NYC and going to Valley Forge and Long wood Gardens.  If any of you ever go to NYC be sure to go to Serendipity! If any of you have seen the movie Serendipity, they had frozen hot chocolate at the restraunt.  The frozen hot chocolate is amazing.  I would suggest a reservation first however as the wait can be super long without one.  We really enjoyed Valley Forge and the history of George Washington we enjoyed there.  He was an amazing man and so very obviously following what God led him to do.  


Today I decided to play with Pam's idea of using the Curly Q border die to make it into flowers.  This was so fun to try.  I did mine a bit different than Pam did, but I love how they turned out.  I also used the Amy R So Wordy stamp to stamp on the umbrella.  To make it fit how I wanted, I just inked up one word at a time and then stamped each separate.  


Supplies:
stamps:  Umbrella Lula, So Wordy


other:  Curly Q border die, Butterflies die, Leafy Branch die, sewing machine, thread, edge distresser, sponge, brown ink, memento tuxedo black, copic markers, white gel pen, stickles, Liquid pearls, glitter, jewel brads, paper piercer, ruler

1 comment:

Pam Sparks said...

so adorable Lesa! I just want to hug her! Love your coloring and what pinks did you use??? TELL ALL!!! Glad you had a great time in NYC. Glad that you're back!!! Your flowers are FAB!!!

Blog Archive