Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Spring is in the air finally!


Yesterday at SCS Emily posted a color challenge of cool caribbean, certainly celery and elegant eggplant. I am not done playing with my doodles yet and used it for my card. I used Stampin'Up watercolor paper and stamped the images with basic brown (the new black) I watercolored with the challenge colors. I used little crystals on the flourishes and stickles on the flowers. It is really sparkly! I love it. My color spritzer in elegant eggplant marker spritzed some color here and there. The celery layer of cardstock was distressed with my scissors. I used my polka dot stamp from my Polka dots and petals set from the spring mini. I love this set and am so excited at all the ideas I have in my head to use it for. Back to the story, I stamped the polka dot in celery and punched it out with a circle punch. I glued them to the bottom of the eggplant layer. I did a line of paper piercing down each side and then finished it off with my new ribbon from Jody's striped ribbon share. It is yummy stuff! I thought about hoarding it, then decided I am going to use every last inch. It is beautiful! Oh and by the way, there is snow all over the ground and it is only 19 degrees outside, sigh! Spring has to be right around the corner right?
I also wanted to bring up a post from Joan over at Paperlicious. http://paper-and-ink.blogspot.com/2007/02/stampers-neurosis.html She has an awesome point! I stamped today for fun and to enjoy myself. I hope people enjoy what I did, but if they don't I had fun and really used my time to de-stress. This is what stamping has been all about for the last 10 years for me. I enjoy paper crafts. It really helps me to sit down and pull out pretty paper and ink and just play! Thank you Joan for putting it in perspective!

Blog Archive