Tuesday, May 29, 2007

More pics of our trip back east!

This had to be the highlight of our trip! We went to Palmyra New York and went to the Sacred Grove! This is my sweetheart and my son walking in the Sacred Grove. It was so peaceful and a beautiful way to spend Mothers Day. If any of you have questions about why this place is special see the link at the bottom of my page for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. In short we believe that our prophet Joseph Smith saw God the Father and his son Jesus Christ in this beautiful grove of trees on the edge of the Smith family farm. We wanted our son to experience the beauty and spiritual experience here, before he leaves on his mission in July to Brazil. It was a wonderful Mothers Day though I missed being at home with my other family members.



Jacob loved Times Square! We took him to Bubba Gumps for dinner and he just sat and watched out the window at all the people. He was awestruck. He also enjoyed strolling around Central Park. He was in awe at Ground Zero. The feeling there is still pretty solemn although a couple of years ago it was more so.







We very much enjoyed our experience at Wicked! This pic is of my husband and 19 year old son. I will never look at the Wizard of Oz the same again! We loved it! We also had the opportunity to snag tickets to The Pirate Queen and very much enjoyed that too! These weren't our first Broadway shows, but it was Jacob's first time. My husband and I saw Lion King as the first and until Wicked nothing has compared! We saw Beauty and the Beast and The Phantom of the Opera the second year. Last year we saw Mama Mia. Our favorites are hands down the Lion King and Wicked. I loved Phantom but the hubby wasn't so keen on the Opera in it. Hee hee. Well I hope you enjoyed your Mini tour of New York City and the surrounding area we sure did. Have a great week and now I hope to stamp!

No comments:

Blog Archive