Tuesday, June 12, 2007


I loved the swirl the minute I saw this set, but it didn't push me over the edge to buy it. I wisened(is that a word?) up just in time to be inspired by Debbie Olson here:http://debbiedesigns.typepad.com/mus...ew_rubber.html I also used Beate's gate fold found here:http://beate.blogs.splitcoaststamper...card-tutorial/ Of course they are the queens of stamping so theirs is better! ;) I love both of their work.


I used blue bayou as my base and layered it with soft sky which was stamped with soft sky and blue bayou. I added stickles on the flowers and on the swirls ends. I scalloped the edge of the left side and paper pierced around the edges making it into faux stitching with my white gel pen. I used my scallop square punch and sponged the edges. There are stickles on the motif as well. On the center round one I inked it in sky blue and rocked it in blue bayou. I punched it with a circle punch and added a blue bayou mat with a slightly larger circle punch. Stickles was added for sparkle and then a beautiful blue rhinestone brad from Stampin'Up! These are so pretty in real life! I used a piece of organdy ribbon to tie my gate fold shut. Enjoy the possibilities!

Lesa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. The colors are so soft...love the faux stitching and the scalloped edge.
I just ordered this set. Can't wait to play with it. TF the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Great card, I love the stitching and using ribbon to keep it closed.

Blog Archive