Friday, April 13, 2007


My father in law is celebrating his 80th birthday. This is the card I came up with for him. I used creamy caramel as the base and dry embossed about 2/3 of it with my textile embossing folder. I sponged chocolate chip ink on it to bring out the pattern of the embossing. Next I layed a layer of chocolate chip cs with three creamy caramel eyelets at the top right side. I paper pierced all across the bottom. I used a piece of the stripped Au chocolat paper aged with chocolate chip. The next layer is a piece of the Au chocolat polka dot paper distressed with chocolate chip ink, corner punched with my ticket corner punch. I stamped masterpieces of paisley on it with chocolate chip ink. Dad is cut from a chipboard coaster and my red tag sale alphabet. It is first colored with creamy caramel craft ink and then chocolate chip craft around the edges. The happy birthday is stamped in chocolate chip and bravo burgundy ink with my happy everything stamp set. I have a chocolate chip scallop border at the bottom created with my slit punch. A brad and a paisley die cut from a new cuttlebug die was added at the top edge. The grosgrain ribbon is the perfect match for bravo burgundy. Thanks for looking and have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is super...love all the browns, textures and layers!

Anonymous said...

Wow!Beautiful card!

Blog Archive