Tuesday, April 3, 2007

sketch challenge


I wish I could remember where I saw this sketch! Must be old age. Googly Eyes I decided I really liked the layout so I went with it. ( Edited to add where I found the sketch, Amy Westerman on her blog :http://heartfeltgreetings.blogspot.com/2007/04/scrap-saturday-and-sketch-sunday.html) Also, I had this color combo laying on a piece of paper on my stamp table. Marigold morning is the base, layered with really rust next. The buckaroo blue layer was put through my cuttlebug using the textile folder. I lightly sponged really rust on this layer and rounded the corners. The next layer is the really rust stamped with my paisley bg stamp, rounded the corners, added eyelets and stitched around with chocolate chip marker. I punched my whisper white image layer with my square scallop punch. I stamped my image from give thanks with versafine black onyx and water colored it. Sponging around the edges defined the piece. Crystal effects was applied to the center of the flower to give it some shine and depth. The tag was a cuttlebug tag die, sponged around the edge and then stamped with fancy flexible phrases. The brads are making memories and I added two tiny prima flowers with stickles in the center. This card was created for a special young lady. I hope she likes it.





1 comment:

Stampin_Melissa said...

Lesa, this must be a very special girl, as this card is so very lovely. She is very fortunate! I love the colors and layout and who can resist sunflowers? :D

Blog Archive