Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Elegant pearl ex wedding card


I am still playing with pearl ex for this class I have been asked to do. I decided to try something on white and decided a wedding card was what I wanted to try. I always have a hard time with wedding cards for some reason, but I kinda like this one. This is a 51/4 x 51/4 square card. I used whisper white as my base. I used my bone folder to score using a ruler along the edge. The slit punch was used for the scallop using my friends and flowers simply scrappin kit. I used my giga and mega scallop square punch for the watercolor piece and the simply scrappin piece. I stamped the wedding cake image from my fairy tale wedding set with black onyx versafine. I water colored the scallops and flower with cool caribbean. I used my future floor finish in my aqua painter to frost micro pearl on the cake image. I stamped my swirls from doodle this in versamark and embossed with clear ep. I layered with the micro pearl ex and future floor finish for a pearl finish on the swirls. After my image was dry I sponged cool caribbean around the edges and used stamin dimensionals to pop it up. I used the Stampin'Up! wide white organdy ribbon and caribbean grosgrain ribbon to make the bow. When it was all together I carefully put crystal effects on the cake and glued on the pearls. I also added a caribbean prima flower with a tiny white prima in the center and glued a pearl into the center of the white flower. TFL!

No comments:

Blog Archive